Wednesday 23 July 2008

quite an exciting week :)

Last week, I finally got the chance to actually start my Adobe Photoshop lessons, which I'd been wanting to do for years and had been procrastinating for years too hehe... Kinda hope I could post the pics right here but my tutor's compie's got some viruses in that I, being a paranoic, had opted to wait till the compie's clean to copy the files...

Anyways, I've been through 3 classes so far and have been very excited about it. (Haven't gone to classes like this for a ong long time). Only 2 classes left. Quite upset about it, but I've learnt really a lot about Adobe P/S (not an expert yet) but it's really exciting how you can do so many things with Adobe P/S. There are lots of crazy geniuses out there in the world. We can slim someone down by 10kgs just by a few clicks away. We could 'heal' people's bad skin problems (even really2 bad one like.. hm... think 'scarface' bad) simply by playing around with the 'healing brush' tools... Wowww wish we could do that in real life... I might sound so 'outdated' by saying this, but I'm so amazed I don't care, "ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I wish I could master it soon... which I doubt since it does need a high level patience, like the one you need with meditation you see... I meant it! I see it that way!

Another great first thing that I did last week was attending a 'gathering' organized by Bella Donna The Wedding (the most popular wedding magazine in Indonesia). I was so thrilled when I got the invitation (again, this might sound cheesy, but hey I'm new in the industry, so it's only normal that being invited to this kind of thing quite matters to me). So I put on my new red shoes (well I bought it 1.5 years ago but never got the chance to wear it, so it's still technically new), then I went and enjoy (Oh I put on other apparels too like white shirts and jeans, not just the shoes, sorry if I misled you in any way).

Overall, It was a very fun party, especially when we won in a game where we got to design a bridal gown out of newspapers in a group of 6 people (we've got Halim the video guy as our team leader who was just lucky to be made the model for our bridal gown). We got the "Snow White" theme which we executed very well, except the FROG-origami/newspaper that Tahbar insisted belonged to the "Snow White", which I didn't argue at that time due to my 'ignorance' to fairy tales. But luckily noone protested when I proudly declared our so-thought creative frog idea to the public. I only knew later when Hocky ensured me that there was no FROG watsoever from "SNOW WHITE". Which was later also rectified by Mira (Tahbar's girlfriend). Shame on u, Tahbar Yabik Junus. hahahaha.... But I honestly enjoyed the silly frog part. It added to the 'fun'ness of the whole night. I recall the MC was even commenting "Wowwww very creative idea" once I uttered the frog thingy when I was 'present'ing our winning design... hahahahaha...

Anyhow, it was very fun to engage in a fun group game after such a long exhaustive process of focusing in growing up. And of course, especially that we WON!!! It's been so long since I won something. The last time I won something was probably 5-6 years ago back in Melbourne for some subjects I took at Swinburne. IT WAS SO FUN!!! Tahbar also admitted it was damn fun. Well he was in my winning team too. So perhaps if you asked the other attendees, they wouldn't have the same comment on the party. HA HA! Like I care...

On Saturday, I got to see my hubby after 5 days of missing him (He had to go out of town for a few days for work), so inescapably a good weekend :)

Oh I forgot to mention, last Monday, I got this GUYLIAN Chocolate souvenir from my new clients back from Melbourne, Jowan & Yuni. They're only gonna be in Medan for 2 weeks, so I've been busy having meetings with them too this last week. Thanx for the chocolate guys. I love the ones with the hazelnut the most. Australia's very good with their chocolate. Objection, anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jangan lupa "winning" main tebak2an waktu bridal shower juga..."Bebek Donal"...Hehehehe

lilysanwijaya said...

HAHAHAHAHA TIOK HOH SHERRRRRR HOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE kok lu e ingat? hebattttt hahahahaha

tyj said...

moral of the story...u only win when i am around. without me u r just another regular medan loser.

now im gonna leave with evil laugh MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

sien, lucu banget blognya,kayaknya berbakat juga jadi penulis hehehe