Sunday 13 July 2008

great-movie weekend...


After all the hecticness all week, wat a better way to enjoy ur weekend than to totally slack ur ass off.

Got up later than usual (ie. in the afternoon instead of the usual just-after-midday for me), took showers, went out for short meals takeaways (in sleeping shorts - to go with the slack-ur-ass-off mood), got online with no specific purposes, chatted myself away on msn, refreshed the email inbox for like 17 times a day eventhou noone's emailing except a bunch of spams & some promotions from some airlines, watched dvds, oh and blogged too apparently.

For some it might seem like a weekend wasted. But I like my weekends like this. (you see, I dun get to enjoy weekends like this a lot). Oh and the really2 good part is I also got to spend a lot of time with dear hubby. Anyways, watched 3 movies this weekend so far. 2 very good ones and 1 very silly one. The picked movies for this weekend were...

1. The Kite Runner, a movie based on a novel by an Afghan, Khaled Hosseini. We've heard about how great the novel was but were too lazy to read novels nowadays so we decided to take the shortcut & go for the movie straightaway. A 5-star movie if you asked me, I can't find anything to complain about the movie (I am normally quite a movie-complainer). In fact, one of the best movies in my dictionary. The movie was so beautiful and it's got many strong characters. A movie with a really 'biting' moral story. The plot was very interesting all the way, despite its 2hours-7mins-51secs duration. However, I read somewhere that the movie didn't do the novel enough justice. I might have to beat my slackness and made myself read the novel. For a more reliable review & comprehensive synopsis, you gotta search the Internet though. I'm afraid I'd just turn u off with my unprofessional writing. All I'd dare to say is dat it's not a movie you wanna miss.

2. Ah Long Pte Ltd, a very silly Singaporean movie by Jack Neo (who else?). The movie is full of crappy practical jokes. You know, the Jack-Neo style lah... If you are in the mood for a quality movie, DO NOT GO for this movie... I bought the dvd just becoz of Mark Lee, I dunno why, but I've always found him entertaining. Overall, NOT a good movie. I won't even give it a star.

3. The Great Debaters. A based-on-a-true-story movie by Denzel Washington. Need I say more? Go buy this dvd!!! A 4.5-star at least in my opinion.

You know how it made you happy every time you finished watching a great movie? The great thing about watching movies is that it takes you to places you can only imagine in your heart, or even places you would never imagine. Like in The Great Debaters, there was this scene on the lake somewhere in this forest (sorry I'm not good at verbally drawing pictures), I bet it'll awe you and make you wish you had some place like that near where you live that you could always go with your loved one or even by yourself. See the movie, you'll see what I mean.

Anyways, apart from the great movies that filled in our weekend, I un-usually took pictures of one of our takeaways, it's the 'GU BAK KWETIAU' from Jalan Singa. Ha Ha Wills, I've finally got something here worth staying for (part of my self-deceiving scheme). Please for once wish that you trade life with us here in Medan (so we feel like at least we have something someone else couldn't get hahaha)

Mari kita persembahkan... the takeaway GUBAK KWETIAU AAN... Tarraaaa........















4 comments:

Wills said...

Sound like a great weekend. We like that kind of weekend too every now and then, except that we are more into serials than movies.

Unfortunately (on my part), I never had the Jalan Singa gu bak kwetiaw before so I don't even know what I am missing. I meant it when I said I haven't lived the real life in Medan. When people talk about how this food at this & that street in Medan are so yummy, I don't even know where or what they are talking about. Si be sua pa kaw ah next time we go back you guys ought to bring us around to eat so that I can appreciate Medan more :).

lilysanwijaya said...

hohoho... u dun even need to ask for it.. just name the date, leave it to us.. we'll make u wanna leave your australian citizenship and share our misery in medan.. hahaha...

tyj said...

AMEN!

13004balloons said...

balloon delivery melbourne services are very common these days and you can find so many providers even close to your house.